Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
www.giantsfanshop.com
Eli Manning threw for 297 yards and two touchdowns and rookie Saquon Barkley added a score as the New York Giants got their first win with a 27-22 victory over the struggling Houston Texans on Sunday.The Giants (1-2) were up by 14 at halftime but had trouble moving the ball in the second half and the Texans (0-3) had cut the lead to five before Manning threw a 7-yard touchdown pass to Sterling Shepard with about two minutes left.Deshaun Watson threw a 4-yard touchdown pass to Lamar Miller with 1 second left to cut the lead to 27-22 Julian Love Jersey , but New York recovered the onside kick.Watson threw for 385 yards and two scores, but his interception was one of two second-half turnovers by the Texans, off to their worst start since dropping their first four games of 2008.Odell Beckham Jr., had nine receptions for 109 yards and Barkley finished with 82 yards rushing as the Giants came one point shy of matching their points total from their first two games combined.A 54-yard field goal got Houston within 20-9 in the third quarter. The Texans forced a punt and were driving again when Miller caught a short pass and fumbled after a hit by Donte Deayon. The Giants recovered but couldn’t move the ball and had to punt after a drive that featured a sack by J.J. Watt. The defensive end, who played just eight games in the 2016-17 seasons because of injuries, finished with three sacks, three tackles for losses, four quarterback hits and a forced fumble.But the Texans turned over the ball again, this time when Watson was intercepted in the end zone by Alec Ogletree.Houston cut the lead to 20-15 when Will Fuller grabbed a 6-yard pass from Watson with about 7 1/2 minutes remaining, but the 2-point conversion failed.After leading the NFL in yards rushing through the first three games, the Texans couldn’t get anything going on the ground. They finished with 59 yards rushing, and Miller managed just 10 yards on as many carries.The Texans led 3-0 after a 23-yard field goal by Ka’imi Fairbairn on their first drive. The Giants took their first lead this season when Barkley shed multiple tackles on a 15-yard run that made it 7-3.New York added two field goals before Manning connected with Rhett Ellison on a 16-yard touchdown to push the advantage to 20-3 late in the second quarter.Watt had a strip sack on third down to make the Giants settle for the second field goal. Watt hadn’t had a sack since Sept. 18, 2016 before taking Manning down on that play.Houston cut the lead to 20-6 at halftime after a 28-yard field goal.INJURY UPDATENew York tight end Evan Engram (knee) left in the second quarter. … Giants CB Antonio Hamilton injured his groin in the first quarter and didn’t return. … Houston WR Bruce Ellington injured his hamstring in the first quarter and didn’t return. … Texans G Senio Kelemete (knee) left in the second quarter.UP NEXTGiants: Host New Orleans next Sunday.Texans: Visit the Colts next Sunday.___ Let’s get to your Monday headlines" New York Giants NewsGiants news, 8/12: Corey Ballentine http://www.giantsfanshop.com/Darius-Slayton-Jersey , Jabrill Peppers, turnover trophies, moreNew,26commentsLet’s get to your Monday headlinesEDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:Giants news, 8/12: Corey Ballentine, Jabrill Peppers, turnover trophies, moreTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Robin Alam/Icon Sportswire via Getty ImagesGood morning, New York Giants fans!Corey Ballentine on “crazy” NFL debutBallentine’s appearance in Thursday’s game vs. the New York Jets was his first time being at an NFL game. It also came just months after he was shot and a friend killed celebrating his selection by the Giants.“It felt really good. I called my mom and we were on the phone for an hour and a half. It was crazy because we were just talking about how far I have come. Coming from Jamaica and all of the adversity I have been through, and now being here doing my dream. It’s just crazy being out there on the field,” Ballentine said. “I had never been to an NFL game before and (now) here I am, on the field. There were a lot of emotions going through my head, but I was glad to be out there with my team and I was happy with the way I played. My team is what’s important to me, so it was definitely a good feeling.”Ballentine added that there “were a lot of emotions going through my head” and he slept very little after the game. It’s not a turnover chain Rhett Ellison Color Rush Jersey , but ...Safety Jabrill Peppers said the Giants have been handing out “turnover trophies” for turnovers created by defensive backs in practice. Ballentine leads with five trophies collected.“You get a little trophy when you get a turnover in practice, he’s leading, he has five of them,” Peppers said. “It makes you compete and want to go out there and cause turnovers. It’s just a good little thing.”Peppers said the idea was “a room thing,” and that a new trophy is handed out for every turnover.Peppers, Antoine Bethea “hit it off”Here’s Peppers talking about the relationship between Bethea and himself:“That’s a great dynamic. We kind of hit it off from the jump, I bounce stuff off of him all the time. He has played in this system before but now things are really starting to slow down for me so I’m not asking him as many questions as I was,” Peppers said. “It’s definitely good having a veteran guy back there to tell you watch this and that before the play so you keep it in the back of your mind, and it gives you a chance to make some big time plays. Finally ...Former Giant A.J. Francis has left the NFL behind.Remaining Training Camp ScheduleMonday, August 12 — 10:45 a.m. (Public)Tuesday, August 13 — 10:45 .m. (Public)BBV MailbagHave questions about the Giants? E-mail them to bigblueview@gmail.com, and the best ones will be answered in an upcoming mailbag.BBV PodcastYou can find and subscribe to Big Blue View radio from the show’s home page.You can find all the shows on our Big Blue View Radio Hub Page.You can also find the shows and subscribe on all your favorite podcast apps:Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Pocket Casts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste