Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Blue Terry Godwin Jersey
CHARLOTTE Blue Terry Godwin Jersey , N.C. (AP)Panthers coach Ron Rivera sent a clear message to his players Monday: Forget about Atlanta. Rivera took only a couple questions during his press conference about his team’s uninspiring performance in a 22-10 loss to the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday before saying he was done talking about it. Rather than allow a bad New Year’s Day football hangover to linger, the two-time NFL Coach of the Year told his players it is time to move on and turn their attention to next Sunday’s NFC wild card game at New Orleans. ”The big thing that we need to do more than anything else is to move forward and get past the game we just played,” Rivera said. ”Right now that game isn’t going to do anything for us.” The Panthers had plenty of momentum entering the regular season finale having won seven of their previous eight games. Had Carolina beat Atlanta, they would have won the NFC South and had a home playoff game. Now they’re limping into the postseason and likely will have to win three in a row on the road to reach the Super Bowl. Cam Newton’s struggles in one of the worst games of his career could be cause for concern entering the postseason. Newton missed on his first eight passes against Atlanta, his throws often sailing high and wide of his intended targets and could never get on track. It hasn’t helped that the Panthers wide receiver position has been besieged by injuries, leaving Newton with a cast of no-name players . One thing is for certain: Newton and the offense will need to be on its game Sunday against the Saints. The Panthers (11-5) don’t appear to match up well with the Saints (11-5), particularly on defense where they’ve been unable to slow drew Brees and the NFC South champions. New Orleans clobbered Carolina 34-13 in Charlotte in September, then beat them again 31-21 on Dec. 3 at the Superdome to take control of the NFC South. Panthers coordinator Steve Wilks, who said he has already received interview requests for head coaching vacancies with the Giants, Colts and Lions, wants to stop the Saints running game first. Mark Ingram and Alvin Kamara found gaping holes against the Panthers, helping the Saints average 148.5 yards per game on the ground along with four touchdowns in those two games. They struggled with wrapping up Kamara and getting him to the ground. ”Their running game right now is dynamic Terry Godwin Carolina Panthers Jersey ,” Wilks said. ”That is the most important thing we have to stop.” He also said the Panthers need to be physical at the line of scrimmage with the Saints receivers to throw off Brees’ timing. Brees has had a field day against Carolina too, completing 74.6 percent of his passes (47 of 63) for 465 yards with four touchdowns and no interceptions. Panthers defensive end Mario Addison points to self-inflicted mistakes in the wo previous losses to New Orleans. ”It really ain’t what they’re doing, it’s really what we’re doing,” Addison said. ”It’s hard to play against a team and beat yourself at the same time. That’s what we did the first two times – we beat ourselves. It ain’t that they outplayed us, because they didn’t. We just made too many mistakes.” As for the it’s-hard-to-beat-a-team-three-times theory, well, that doesn’t hold much water in the NFL. Since 1970, there have been 20 teams that went 2-0 against an opponent during the regular season before facing them again in the postseason. Thirteen times those teams completed the sweep by winning the playoff game. However, Addison said losing to Saints twice benefits the Panthers. ”We can’t let them beat us three times,” Addison said. ”You have to come out swinging and throw everything at them, including the kitchen sink.” Some help could be on the way for Carolina. Rivera said he’s optimistic that safety Kurt Coleman will be back after missing Sunday’s game with an ankle injury and running back Jonathan Stewart should return after sitting out against the Falcons with a stiff back. Also, guard Trai Turner could return if he clears the NFL concussion protocol. Turner has missed the last three games. — Take a look and give it a grade."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Keep Sounding PodcastPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCSR Film RoomPanthers 2019 NFL DraftCarolina Panthers beat writer shares first 2019 mock draftNew Youth Terry Godwin Jersey ,42commentsTake a look and give it a grade.EDTShareTweetShareShareCarolina Panthers beat writer shares first 2019 mock draftGlenn Beil-USA TODAY SportsCarolina Panthers beat writer Jourdan Rodrique (from the Charlotte Observer) released her first of two mock drafts and I have to say I think it’s pretty good. I admit that when I saw her finish this tweet with ‘…Be gentle’ my first thought was ‘Oh hell no!’ We’ve never hesitated to rag a Panthers beat writer around here before. Yet I’m having a hard time giving her to to much grief for this one. I really like her mix of positions though I’m unsure of the value of the picks in some cases. Be sure to click through and read her full justifications for each pick.No. 16 — Brian Burns, DE, Florida StateI’ve recently warmed to the thought of Burns being the guy for the Panthers after initially thinking he was too light to play defensive end. Yet the Panthers plan to use 3-4 alignments suggests Burns could be perfect for the roll envisioned. There is a good chance he will be available at No. 16.No. 47 — Chris Lindstrom, OL, Boston CollegeEven without knowing who is left to select from I like the thought of adding talent to the weakest spot on the offensive line at the moment, left guard. I am all about getting your five best lineman on the field at the same time. Plus there are still plenty of picks left to get an offensive tackle. No. 77 — Juan Thornhill, S, VirginiaIt’s hard to argue with the need for a safety to pair with Eric Reid and at No. 77 this sounds like decent value. Yet is he too much like Reid? Should we instead look for a little more speed to play the back half of the field? These are my questions with this pick. No. 100 — Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State (or Renell Wren, DT, Arizona State)Interesting play here by Jourdan Blue Michael Palardy Jersey , offering two options, one offense one defense. Both would be developmental players in positions needing competent back-ups. Howard has been on the rise since the evaluation period started. Wren I know nothing about though the last sentence in the write up caught my eye.So does Jourdan have an inside connection to the Panthers? Well of course she does. Something to consider when deciding on selections for the upcoming Pick the Panthers Draft Class contest.No. 115 — David Montgomery, RB, Iowa StateI have nothing against Montgomery, I’m just not crazy about using a draft pick on a running back at any point in this draft. It just seems there are too many good ones out there in free agency to spend a draft pick on one. Heck we just let C.J. Anderson walk. I’d rather look for a linebacker here or an offensive tackle if we instead selected Wren at No. 100. So this is the one pick I’m not crazy about.No. 154 — Mark Fields, CB, ClemsonFields has got the speed for the position, running a 4.37 40-yard dash at the Combine. Plus you can never have enough speed at cornerback in my view. I had no idea until now he is the son of former Panthers linebacker Mark Fields. I love the thought of a legacy, especially one that really wants to play in Carolina. Click through to read the story if you are unaware. I don’t want to strip everything from Jourdan’s piece.No. 187 — Cameron Smith, LB, Southern CaliforniaIf there is one position I am 100 percent certain the Panthers will select a player it is linebacker. We have open positions to fill as well as new requirements due to the added 3-4 alignments. Smith would be walking into a great opportunity in Carolina.Overall I like the position mix and the quality of players. This is of course without knowing who is being selected from in Jourdan’s mock draft. Feel free to posit your selections in the comment thread.

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste