Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Black Josh Rosen Jersey
Happy Wednesday one and all we are half way home to the weekend.The Arizona Cardinals wrapped up their last week of voluntary offseason workouts and start with mandatory mini camp next week.In...The Revenge of the Birds podcastWednesday night open thread: Arizona Cardinals center position seems to be heading into quite the camp battleNew https://www.thecardinalslockerroom.com/a...lla-jersey ,13comments Wednesday night open thread: Arizona Cardinals center position seems to be heading into quite the camp battlePhoto by Christian Petersen/Getty ImagesHappy Wednesday one and all we are half way home to the weekend.The Arizona Cardinals wrapped up their last week of voluntary offseason workouts and start with mandatory mini camp next week.In the interim I continue to be enthralled with the center situation.A.Q. Shipley was on with the Cover 2 Podcast today and he seems not only adamant but convinced he can win this starting job.I'm all for Shipley winning, I just want the best five players out there, but I'm just amazed at how much Shipley seems to want this.He is a man possessed and it will be good for the team to have a legitimate battle for the center position with Shipley and Mason Cole.Few housekeeping rulesBig Grinuring this time, please no discussion of or references to politics or religion. We like everyone, please keep it that way.Please keep the conversation as close to PG-13 as possible. The PG rule also extends to the posting of pictures and gifs. Any nudity (this includes photos with see through clothing) or anything else of an offensive nature is strictly prohibited and posting such may result in a ban.Please keep your pics and GIFs to a reasonable number and a reasonable size as to not slow down the load time of the thread too much.Have a great night everyone. Patrick Peterson was once destined to be among the most honored Cardinals of all time. Now his legacy is in jeopardy in the wake of his PED suspension. Let’s take a look at the myriad impacts of this thorny situation.The Revenge of the Birds podcastRing of dishonor?: The far-reaching impacts of Patrick Peterson’s suspensionNew,46commentsPatrick Peterson was once destined to be among the most honored Cardinals of all time. Now his legacy is in jeopardy in the wake of his PED suspension. Let’s take a look at the myriad impacts of this thorny situation. Ring of dishonor?: The far-reaching impacts of Patrick Peterson’s suspensionEmbattled Cardinals CB Patrick Peterson in better days.Brace Hemmelgarn-USA TODAY SportsEarlier this week, it was announced that former starting QB Carson Palmer would be inducted into the Arizona Cardinals Ring of Honor. The ceremony to honor Palmer will take place during halftime of the Week 4 game against the Seattle Seahawks. Michael Bidwill, Steve Keim Black Markus Golden Jersey , and the rest of the top brass will be there, as should several other Ring of Honor members, like Palmer’s friend Kurt Warner. And Palmer will surely be feted all week by former teammates like Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson.But one big-name Cardinal will be nowhere to be seen.Patrick Peterson.Peterson is, obviously, suspended the first six weeks of the season and is not allowed to be with the team during that time. His absence will be especially conspicuous as the team celebrates Peterson’s former teammate.That got me wondering—will we ever see a Ring of Honor ceremony for Pat Pete? It seemed like a foregone conclusion just a couple months ago. Now? I’m not so sure.This story has yet to play out fully, but it’s clear that Peterson’s suspension will have far-reaching effects. Let’s take a look at the impact the suspension could have, both on and off the field, in 2019 and beyond… as well as the impact it could have on Peterson’s legacy here in the desert.Impact in 2019I want to start by saying that I think the potential effect of Peterson’s absence on the field has been greatly understated Markus Golden Jersey 2019 , both among fans and the media. Peterson is a true CB1 whom opposing offenses have to account for every week. The effect of removing a player of that caliber from a defense is impossible to overstate. Plus, Peterson has never missed a game in his career, so we’re truly in uncharted territory here. As a result, I think the Cardinals pass defense is *really* going to struggle during his suspension.Fortunately, the schedule during the first six weeks isn’t too daunting. Here are the six teams (and QBs) that the retooled Cardinals CB corps of Robert Alford, Tramaine Brock, and Peterson.I think Steve Keim would be foolhardy to trade Peterson unless he gets a godfather offer—think multiple early draft picks and/or young players—from a contender. Of course, there’s the rub Black Josh Rosen Jersey , as who wants to sell the farm for a player who’s gonna miss almost half the season? So it may be that reports of Peterson’s Cardinals demise are premature.If so, the trade rumor mill will fire up in 2020 once again. Speaking of which…Impact Beyond 2019Things get hazy here since there are so many unknowns: Will Peterson even be on the roster? Will the Kliff Kingsbury/Kyler Murray experiment be a failure or success? How will will trade him just to trade him at this point—which is almost what he’d have to do given his suspension. Perhaps he gets traded after this season, but I think Keim and Michael Bidwill will find a way to keep him in the fold in 2020 and beyond.Final ThoughtsLet’s get back to Peterson’s Ring of Honor chances. Will he one day see his name and number alongside legendary Cardinal defensive backs Night Train Lane, Roger Wehrli, Larry Wilson, Aeneas Williams, Adrian Wilson, and Pat Tillman under the lights of State Farm Stadium?That last name might give people pause—“An American hero and a known PED user in the same Ring of Honor?”—but that’s empty moralizing and patently weak equivocation. Sports teams in general and the NFL franchises in particular are not and have never been particularly concerned with morality Josh Rosen Jersey 2019 , occasional hypocritical public displays to the contrary notwithstanding.So, yeah, I think Patrick Peterson will one day take his place among Cardinals greats in the Ring of Honor. He’s been too good for too long at a time when the public seems to care less and less about PED issues.His name may be tinged with dishonor now, but he has time and talent enough to make all but the most sanctimonious of the morality police—and remember, his transgressions have nothing to do with the actual police—forget about this dark chapter in his legacy.I think he’ll be deserving if and when he joins the Cardinals Ring of Honor. Do you?

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste