Themabewertung:
  • 0 Bewertung(en) - 0 im Durchschnitt
Rolled back to Android 1.5 - now totally stuck there!
Hi there, I really hope someone can help me and I do apologise if this is the wrong thread, or if the answer's elsewhere. I've spent ages looking for the answer to this problem but I just can't find it!

I have an HTC Hero (not the Sprint version) on the Orange nework. I've had it for nearly two years and have done the usual upgrades, so I eventually ended up on Android 2.1, as you'd expect. I did everything by the book.

Anyway, a few weeks ago a guy at my work said he would root the phone for me. Stupidly I said oh yes please, go ahead. Baaaad move! He messed it up well and proper.

So I did a factory reset today, but various things were still screwy. Then I went onto the official HTC website and installed the old Android 1.5, thinking I could just get it updated again easily back to Android 2.1, and I'd be back where I was before the guy at work messed around with things.

Wrong! I didn't realise there wasn't an option in the settings of Android 1.5 for searching for available upgrades! So. Much to my disappointment, it now appears as though I have an HTC Hero running Android 1.5 exactly like it was when I bought the phone back in 2009.

I can't download ANYTHING from the Market now - it keeps saying "download unsuccessful" so I don't know how to get an app which will unroot the phone and let me somehow get Android 2.1 back on it.

What I'm wondering is ... Am I stuck in a timewarp on Android 1.5 for ever???

Could someone please, please advise me how to get Android 2.1 back on my phone? I've never really done anything with rooting etc so I am absolutely NOT tech-savvy. But I'd be ever so grateful if anyone could help me please!

Many thanks

hotel dublin

Richmond Hill Real Estate

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste